Aged Care Financial Advice
Looking after your emotional & financial wellbeing with the right aged care financial advice
Looking for aged care financial advice in Sydney?
Making decisions about aged care is very emotional. Recognising that a loved one needs more care than you’re able to give is heartbreaking.
And then there’s the agonising decision of whether to:
- sell the family home
- take out a personal loan or
to cover aged care costs. Because it ain’t cheap.
But the good news is that it doesn’t have to be like this.
What if you had an expert aged care financial advisor to help you:
- understand how to fund aged care
- reduce your aged care fees, and
- maximise your pension entitlements?
Well, at Creo Wealth Financial Advisor, you do.
How our aged care financial advisors can help
Moving into aged care, or helping a loved one moving into aged care, takes an emotional and intellectual toll. This makes it hard to navigate through the complex aged care fee structure.
So, if you or your loved one has an aged care assessment, then let us ease your pain and make the process easier for you with expert financial advice and planning for aged care. That way, you’ll have more time to look after yourself or your family member.
We’ll ensure you’re equipped with the financial knowledge and confidence to walk through the aged care process. And here’s how:
Keep or sell your home
An important (and emotional) decision with large financial implications. Let our love for numbers work in your favour
Aged care fees
We can provide advice on the entry and ongoing costs of aged care accommodation
Maximise Centrelink entitlements
Aged care ain’t cheap! Let us help you get as much government support as possible. And save on taxes too
Advice on existing investments
Have your existing investments reviewed to maximise your financial returns
Aged Care Financial Advice FAQ’s
What is aged care financial advice, and why is it important?
Aged care financial advice isn’t just a checklist; it’s your roadmap for managing the financial aspects of transitioning a loved one into aged care. Trust me, you don’t want to go this road alone; the stakes are too high.
- Informed Choices: Expert guidance helps you navigate the complexities of aged care funding.
- Financial Security: Ensures long-term affordability, protecting your loved ones’ financial future.
- Stress Reduction: By managing financial aspects wisely, you can focus on emotional support.
Aged care financial advice is your compass in a complex landscape, ensuring you make wise financial choices while reducing stress.
How can professional aged care financial advice benefit families?
Professional advice untangles the financial webs around aged care, making the process less overwhelming for you and your family.
- Regulatory Guidance: Navigate complex financial regulations specific to aged care.
- Maximise Benefits: Identify and capitalise on government benefits and subsidies.
- Sustainable Plans: Develop a financial plan that ensures the quality of care for the long term.
Investing in professional advice can be a game-changer for your family’s aged care journey.
What are the financial considerations when transitioning a loved one into aged care?
Switching gears to aged care isn’t just emotional; it’s a financial pivot too. It involves a lot more than just the price tag on a facility.
- Cost Assessment: Understand the actual costs of different types of aged care.
- Government Help: Make sure you’re not leaving any available subsidies on the table.
- Asset Management: Develop a strategy for income, assets, and long-term affordability.
Recognising these considerations can be the first step towards making the right choices for your loved ones.
Can a financial advisor help families make the right decisions for aged care?
Absolutely, a specialised financial advisor isn’t just a luxury; they’re an essential guide in your aged care journey.
- Expertise: Benefit from their focused experience in aged care finance.
- Tailored Plans: Get personalised advice tailored to your specific needs and circumstances.
- Long-term Security: Ensure ongoing financial stability for your loved one’s care.
With the right advisor, you’re not just making decisions; you’re making the right ones.
How does professional advice alleviate the stress of aged care decisions?
Professional advice is your stress buffer when making aged care decisions.
- Clear Financial Plan: Advisors remove the guesswork, providing a roadmap for financial management.
- Affordability: Know what you can afford and how to get there, so you sleep better at night.
Guided by expert advice, you can navigate aged care decisions with a sense of control, rather than being controlled by them.
What should families look for in an aged care financial advisor?
Choosing an advisor is serious business. Here’s your filter:
- Expertise: Look for someone specialised in aged care financial planning.
- Compassionate Approach: You’re dealing with more than numbers; emotional intelligence is key.
An advisor that ticks these boxes is an asset in both emotional and financial terms.
Can an advisor help with the ongoing financial management of aged care?
Getting expert advice isn’t just a one-time thing; it can really change the game for long-term financial planning.
- Consistent Updates: Advisors can keep you informed about regulatory changes and their impact on your costs.
- Investment Guidance: They can help diversify and manage your portfolio to cover future expenses.
- Expense Monitoring: An advisor can help you track and manage ongoing costs, ensuring your funds are well-allocated.
An advisor doesn’t just make the complex simple; they give you the tools to navigate financial uncertainty.
Are there potential financial pitfalls to avoid in aged care decisions?
- Hasty Decisions: Taking your time is cost-effective; rushing isn’t.
- Missed Subsidies: Unclaimed benefits are missed opportunities.
When you’re in this situation, asking the right questions is half the battle.
- Quality of Care: What level of medical and emotional support does the facility offer?
- Cost Structure: Are the costs transparent, and what could trigger a rate increase?
- Government Support: Are there any subsidies or benefits that can offset the costs?
The answers to these questions can guide you in making a decision that best suits your family’s needs.
Does professional aged care financial advice save families money in the long run?
Absolutely. Think of an advisor as your financial bodyguard, shielding you from costly mistakes.
- Cost-Efficient Choices: They help you select options that won’t bleed you dry.
- Maximised Benefits: Every dollar of government assistance counts.
Over time, expert advice isn’t an expense; it’s an investment with dividends.
How can professional advice provide peace of mind when navigating aged care?
Peace of mind isn’t a luxury; it’s what you get with a solid financial plan for aged care.
- Reduced Uncertainty: A clear plan takes the “what ifs” off the table.
- Financial Clarity: Know your costs upfront and how to meet them.
With expert advice, you gain a financial clarity that makes the emotional journey through aged care a bit easier to navigate.
Why Creo Wealth for aged care financial planning?
Aged care is one of the most challenging life events we ever face. As accredited aged care advisors, we’re equipped to help you with your aged care planning.
So why not take advantage of our experience, knowledge and compassion to break down this complex beast? Because underneath Anthony’s tie and Kylie’s Jimmy Choo heels, there’s a whole lotta heart and plenty of experience being Penrith’s favourite financial advisors.
But don’t just take our word for it. Check out some client love from our past and current clients.
We have a passion for numbers and helping you reduce the fear that comes with managing your finances. The result? You can walk your journey towards financial freedom with more confidence.
Ensuring our team is up to date with relevant knowledge. And spending time to educate you, so you can make informed decisions about your financial future.
Presenting you with solutions that best suit your circumstances and your financial goals. No cookie cutter financial planning advice here.
We’re committed to helping you discover what financial freedom means for you. And we’re committed to helping you get there.
At Creo Wealth, integrity is the name of the game. We’re huge believers in acting honestly and with integrity. After all, you need to work with a financial planner you can trust.
Financial planning and wealth creation can feel so overwhelming. Which is why we treat our team members and you as our client with respect. After all, we’re all human.
Want to ease into aged care with an aged care financial planner?
Schedule an obligation-free chat to find out how we can help you get your aged care plans on the right track.