SMSF Financial Advisors
Financial advice to help you get the most out of your SMSF
Looking for expert financial advice for your self managed super fund?
Do you have an SMSF but don’t have the time or support to manage it properly?
Well, you’ve landed on the right page. Because we can help with SMSF financial advice.
Maybe you’ve heard about the allure of managing your own self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF), thinking it’ll save you money and give you full control. Sounds tempting, right? But here’s the real deal: without professional guidance, it can actually turn out to be a costly and time-consuming adventure.
Sure, the idea of cutting out fees and making all the investment decisions on your own might seem appealing. But hold on. There are hidden expenses and complexities that can catch you off guard without expert support. Starting or managing an SMSF without the right knowledge and guidance can lead to expensive mistakes, missed compliance requirements, and subpar investment choices.
That’s where Creo Wealth financial advisors comes in. We know the ins and outs of SMSFs like the back of our hand, and our professional SMSF financial advice is your secret weapon to a successful self managed super fund
How we help with your SMSF
Superannuation is a complex beast. But when we start talking about self managed super funds, well that’s a whole different beast
Let’s take a look at what our SMSF advisor service includes:
- Evaluating your suitability for an SMSF based on your circumstances, goals, and objectives
- Establishing your SMSF and taking care of ongoing management
- Developing and implementing an investment strategy tailored to you
- Technical advice and ongoing compliance with government legislation
- Reviewing your current financial situation and identifying opportunities
- Estate and succession planning
SMSF Services FAQ’s
What is the difference between a super fund, and an SMSF?
When it comes to superannuation, you’ve got options: Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSFs) and Regular, or Industry Funds.
An SMSF is a private retirement fund that you manage yourself, where your superannuation contributions go. On the other hand, an industry fund is managed by an external organisation on your behalf.
- Membership Cap: SMSFs are limited to 4 members; no such cap for industry funds.
- Compliance Risk: SMSFs place this risk on you; industry funds manage it for you.
- Investment Control: Full control in SMSFs; basic control in industry funds.
- Insurance Costs: Typically higher in SMSFs; lower in industry funds due to bulk discounts.
- Regulatory Body: SMSFs are regulated by the ATO; industry funds by APRA.
- Dispute Resolution: When there’s a problem, SMSFs rely on courts; industry funds offer access to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
- Compensation: No government scheme for SMSFs; possible statutory compensation for industry funds.
The right choice depends on your financial goals, super balance, and how much control you want over your investments. Got more questions? Feel free to reach out.
What are the benefits of an SMSF?
If you’re looking for more control, flexibility and a more tailored retirement strategy, an SMSF might be the right choice for you.
- Investment Options: Choose from a broad range of investments.
- Tax Benefits: Enjoy potential concessional tax rates.
- Transparency: Know exactly where your money is.
- Flexibility: Tailor your accumulation and pension accounts.
- Asset Consolidation: Keep all your super assets in one place.
- Estate Planning: More control over your financial future.
- Property Investments: Add value to your super through strategic property investments.
What are the downsides to an SMSF?
All that flexibility and control comes with responsibility and risk, as well as a time and expertise commitment.
- Time-Consuming: Expect to spend over 100 hours a year managing your SMSF.
- Compliance: Stay updated with superannuation laws and meet reporting obligations.
- Valuations: Annual asset valuations are on you.
- Cost: The set up and ongoing costs can be higher than a regular fund, so it’s up to you to make sure your investments return enough to cover this.
- Restrictions: Can’t use assets like residential property for personal benefit.
Who should consider an SMSF?
Isn’t that the million dollar question? And like most million dollar questions, the answer is: it depends.
Choosing between an SMSF and an industry fund depends on your individual needs and circumstances. It’s crucial to consult with a qualified adviser to make the best decision for you. If you’re looking for more control over your investment choices, have a significant amount in retirement savings, and want to explore estate planning, an SMSF could be a suitable option.
Why use us as your SMSF financial advisor?
We’re a family-owned and operated business. And we believe everyone deserves financial freedom. We’re passionate about educating and guiding you on your financial freedom journey.
We’ve been helping people like you for almost 20 years. And with our super, SMSF and Centrelink knowledge, we’ll help you maximise your retirement nest egg.
Of course it’s possible to setup and manage an SMSF yourself, but there are advantages to engaging the help of a financial planner:
Making the most of your investments
Keeping you accountable
Peace of mind
Saving you time
We’ve got a great understanding of how different investments work and how they can help you achieve your financial goals. This invaluable knowledge is great for getting the most out of your SMSF
While self-managing your own super isn’t impossible, it’s a huge responsibility. We ensure you’re kept accountable and help keep you on track. We can also help you avoid costly mistakes.
We’re qualified to take care of your SMSF. This provides you with peace of mind that your retirement funds are being cared for. And we love answering your questions, as we love educating our clients about their money
Rather be at the beach? Or perhaps you prefer shoe shopping (if you do, Kylie would love to know your favourite brand of shoe!) Managing your own super can be time-consuming. But it’s something we love to do, so we’re here to help
We have a passion for numbers and helping you reduce the fear that comes with managing your finances. The result? You can walk your journey towards financial freedom with more confidence.
Ensuring our team is up to date with relevant knowledge. And spending time to educate you, so you can make informed decisions about your financial future.
Presenting you with solutions that best suit your circumstances and your financial goals. No cookie cutter financial planning advice here.
We’re committed to helping you discover what financial freedom means for you. And we’re committed to helping you get there.
At Creo Wealth, integrity is the name of the game. We’re huge believers in acting honestly and with integrity. After all, you need to work with a financial planner you can trust.
Financial planning and wealth creation can feel so overwhelming. Which is why we treat our team members and you as our client with respect. After all, we’re all human.
Want to ensure you’re maximising your super?
Schedule an obligation-free call to find out how we can help you improve your super.