In this episode, I’m joined by my financial planner husband, Anthony Sultana. His torrid love affair with numbers began in school and has continued to blossom after choosing a career in finance (I don’t hold it against him, I promise!)
Trained and mentored by some of the best in the industry, Anthony doesn’t believe in the standard ‘one size fits all’ approach to financial planning. He loves to work closely with every client to identify their personal goals and strategies without them getting overwhelmed.
Focussing on aged care, we chat about the importance of:
- advanced planning in aged care
- understanding the fees and costs involved
- keeping Centrelink financial details up-to-date
- balancing the emotional and physical wellbeing of caregivers
- ensuring all legal preparations before a parent becomes mentally unsound
- reviewing financial assets and details at least once a year to ensure you’re not overcharged for aged care services
We touch on key considerations to keep in mind when contemplating selling the family home.